Journal «Angiology and Vascular Surgery» • 

2019 • VOLUME 25 • №1

The role of the vascular surgeon in improvement of organization of dialysis help

Veselov B.A.1, Zakharov S.V.3, Popov A.N.2, Korelin S.V.1, Sobolev A.V.3, Burleva E.P.4

1) Railway Clinical Hospital at the Ekaterinburg-Passenger station of the JSC «Russian Railways»,
2) Municipal Clinical Hospital №40,
3) Ural Medical Centre,
4) Department of General Surgery, Ural State Medical University of the RF Ministry of Public Health, Ekaterinburg, Russia

Analysed herein are one-year results of formation of arteriovenous fistulas in 109 patients with end-stage chronic renal failure, as well as therapeutic decision-making after angiosurgical counselling of 144 patients presenting with “problem” permanent vascular accesses. The counselling and formation of arteriovenous fistulas were carried out in conditions of interdepartmental collaboration between outpatient centres dealing with haemodialysis and vascular surgeons specialized in ultrasound mapping of peripheral vessels and performing different variants of arteriovenous fistulas. The angiosurgical care was as close to the patient as possible.

Of the 109 operated patients, primary arteriovenous fistulas were made in 46 (42.2%) cases, secondary AVF – in 27 (24.8%) cases, and reconstruction of AVF – in 36 (33.0%) cases. Of the 144 patients with «problem» permanent vascular assesses, correction of arteriovenous fistulas turned out impossible in 13 (9.1%). In the remaining 131 (90.9%) patients there was a possibility of different variants of open reconstruction of arteriovenous fistulas or performing angioplasty.

Active policy of vascular surgeons in interdepartmental collaboration with nephrologists made it possible to bridge over the difficulties of patients routing which resulted in reduction of the terms of formation of arteriovenous fistulas by 2 months. Preventive arteriovenous fistulas were carried out in 17.4% of cases of primary permanent vascular assesses. During a year after formation of permanent vascular accesses, the number of patients with vascular catheters in ambulatory centres decreased from 22 to 17%. These positive changes in organization of the dialysis treatment made it possible to reduce the risks of infectious complications, to obtain adequate blood flow characteristics for haemodialysis procedures, as well as to decrease financial expenses and labour costs for AVF care.

KEY WORDS: end-stage chronic renal failure, haemodialysis, vascular surgeon, arteriovenous fistula, interdepartmental collaboration.

P. 39

« Back

Angiologia.ru - portal for professionals
VLAANT
Lancet
HI-TECHNOLOGY MEDICINE
Transmed