Journal «Angiology and Vascular Surgery» • 

2018 • VOLUME 24 • №1

Sulodexide in treatment of chronic venous insufficiency. Results of the All-Russian multicenter programme ACVEDUCT

Chupin A.V.1, Katorkin S.E.2, Katelnitsky I.I.3, Katelnitskaya O.V.3, Prostov I.I.3, Petrikov A.S.4, Koshevoi A.P.5, Lyudkova L.F.6

1) Federal Scientific Clinical Centre of the Federal medical and biological agency of Russia, Moscow,
2) Samara State Medical University of the RF Ministry of Public Health, Samara,
3) Rostov State Medical University of the RF Ministry of Public Health, Rostov,
4) Altai State Medical University of the RF Ministry of Public Health, Barnaul,
5) Clinic "SibMedCentre", Tomsk,
6) Krasnoyarsk Interregional Polyclinic No 1, Krasnoyarsk, Russia

Introduction. Pharmacotherapy occupies one of the leading places in comprehensive treatment of lower-limb chronic venous diseases (CVD) and their complications. At the same time, there are not so many therapeutic agents intended for treatment of CVD and possessing evidence-based efficacy. Sulodexide (registered in Russia as Vessel Due F) is a drug with a confirmed therapeutic effect in patients with a moderately severe course of chronic venous disease or its late stages. However, the experience of using it in Russia for treatment of patients presenting with initial manifestations of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) is still scarce.

Patients and methods. The data concerning the use of Vessel Due F in the routine practice of treating CVD in Russian patients were collected and assessed within the framework of the ACVEDUCT programme. This observational prospective non-controlled multicentre programme included patients routinely prescribed by their attending physician Vessel Due F as a solution for injections and/or soft capsules in accordance with the registered in the Russian Federation instruction for use. A total of 2,263 patients took part in the programme.

Results. The majority of the patients prescribed sulodexide were diagnosed as having CEAP class C3 (38.4%) and class C4 (35.6%) CVD. Treatment was accompanied and followed by a decrease in the symptoms’ severity observed in 56.4% of patients and a decrease in the number of symptoms in 42.8% of patients (thus positive dynamics was totally noted in 99.2%), with the effect of taking the drug commencing to manifest itself in patients as early as on day 15–20 of treatment. The highest rate of regression of symptoms of CVD was observed in 30-to-40-year-old patients. A statistically significant positive correlation was revealed between efficacy and the duration of treatment, the use of capsules during the term of follow up, with a negative correlation revealed between efficacy of treatment and the patient’s age at which the diagnosis had been made, the stage according the CEAP classification, the total number of symptoms, a combination of risk factors.

Conclusions. Sulodexide proved to be an effective, safe, well-tolerated and pathogenetically substantiated pharmacological agent for treatment of patients presenting with lower-limb CVI and should therefore be recommended for patients at early stages of formation of CVD. Patients suffering from venous trophic ulcers require higher doses and prolonged administration of the drug.

KEY WORDS: chronic venous disease, chronic venous insufficiency, CEAP class, risk factors, medicamentous therapy, efficacy, sulodexide, Vessel Due F, ACVEDUCT, observational programme.

P. 55

« Back

Angiologia.ru - portal for professionals
VLAANT
Lancet
HI-TECHNOLOGY MEDICINE
Transmed